Re: Yogurt & Horses

If I start listing all the things that my horse eats, you would all kick me
off for experimenting with him.  He is guaranteed to eat anything that I
have in my hand that looks like something i would eat and even things that i
will never touch. Like radishes, and dog or cat food! He started young
though. I've had him since he was 6 months old.   he and the mule will eat
anything at all, but the range bred mare i have only eats true horse items
(hay and grain) wont even touch things like carrots and apples. she snorts
and gets a wild eyed look like the smell on it is gonna kill her or
something.  it took me over a week to get her to eat grain and another week
to get her to eat beet pulp and almost six months to eat a piece of horse
candy. so i guess it all depends on the horse.  you probably should have
started out with vanilla, (berry flavors take a little getting used to) and
mixed it in with the grain, unless uyou have ahorse like mine that will tast
test everthing right out of the can.

Anna and Keith and all our critters in New Mexico
(horses) Hobo(the old man) Shy Ann (the Mule)
Lizzy (momma) and Lightning (baby)
(Basenjis) Lady Queen of the house, and
her two sons George and Iceman and finally
Lilly (the prairie dog)
visit my website at
http://www.shyann.friendpages.com
or at
http://pages.ivillage.com/pe/annalar16/index.html

> OK, who was the wise guy who suggested giving yogurt to horses.  I must
check
> the archives, I bet it was some whacky guest.  Well guess who fell for it.
>
> I went to the SuperMarket and got 15 yogurts, some cherry, some
strawberry,
> some, blueberry; lotsa berries.  You see I got this skinny horse who is
> driving me crazy trying to get weight on him.  I've nicknamed him
Skeletor;