Fwd: RC: Easyboot alarms

jdowis@foothill.net writes:

<<
 I used an Easyboot with a strap around the pastern on a hind foot one day on
my usually very calm-natured endurance horse.  We had ridden for two or three
hours on trail with the boot on.  It came off while we were on pavement - I
don't know how, and t >>

This is why it is best to try these things at home in a safe place.  I'm glad
you weren't hurt.  Riding on pavement is horrendous at the best of times.

---- Begin included message ----
Hi, all --

I used an Easyboot with a strap around the pastern on a hind foot one day on my usually very calm-natured endurance horse.  We had ridden for two or three hours on trail with the boot on.  It came off while we were on pavement - I don't know how, and the first clue there was something wrong was when my horse totally freaked out and became a kicking fool.  Somehow, I stayed on during the entire circus, with him kicking and spinning and sliding on the pavement - it was frantic and furious.  When my horse finally stopped, my friend who was with me said the Easyboot had come off, and my horse had freaked out with the boot strapped to his foot.  He didn't stop until the rubber strip in the back of the Easyboot broke and the boot flew off.

After this experience, I have never tried to use a strap around the fetlock again.

Joan Dowis
---- End included message ----