Re: Muddy Half Chaps

>Hi Ridecampers! After really, really messing up my half chaps with mud,
>they are stiff, stiff, stiff and dirty. How to clean them? They're suede
>and I LOVE them. But, I think they've had it. Any ideas how to get some
>life into them? I've had them a few years and expected them to look used,
>but..!

>Thanks, Monika, Koko and Ripp

A product called PePeDe works beautifully on suede half-chaps (and woolback
pads, and silk shirts, etc) -- just throw them and some PePeDe in the
washer on cold water.  Dry away from heat or sun.  PePeDe is made in
Europe, and most tack stores (at least around here) carry it.

-- Lynn K. (Santa Ynez, CA)
   http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky