Re: legal classification of horse trailers

You are right...it is a mess.  Try to get insurance on a Freightliner when you
are NOT driving 100,000 or more miles a year and avoid cities like the plague.

I finally went to a commercial insurance company who handles these "mid-size"
trucks and understood.

There is no uniformity and the local.state/federal laws all vary with hardly
any one employee knowing what to do.  I even had one insurance company want to
classify my load as dangerous because it was a "shifting" load (i.e. horses
"shift").  What a joke.  Like a horse will fall on purpose.

Teddy