Re: beet pulp / choke?

I've _heard_ of it happening.  It seems to be more common in horses that
gobble their feed, which  of course is more likely with any feed.  CSU
Fresno did a study feeding totally dry beet pulp at 45% of the dry
matter ration and never had choke problems, but I really recommend
giving it a good soak, anyway.  Try giving it a good hour or two to
soak, or use hot water to make it soak up faster, or even feeding it
pretty sloppy and you shouldn't have choke problems. :-)

Good luck!

Susan Garlinghouse