Re: ride rules

jtaylor@pyramid.net wrote: Nothing
> specific was stated other than no use of drugs or medications allowed.
> What do they consider drugs? I don't use drugs per say but what about
> bigeoil lintament? What is acceptable and what is not? And what about
> multi day rides? Are we allowed to use lintaments at night? JT
***************************************

Permissible substances (preceding and during competition:

*vitamins
*minerals
*electrolytes
*liniments that do not contain materials absorbed into the body
(alcohol   and Absorbine)
*foodstuffs known as nutrients
*nonabsorbable topical wound dressings
*alcohol
*ice and ice water
*compounds to synchronize estrus

Nonpermissible substances include:

*any substance by injection or stomache tube
*vitamins in megadoses
*nutrient substances administered in doses to achive a pharmacologic
effect (DMSO, DMG, yucca and MSM)
*any anti-inflammatory, stimulus, depressants, analgesia, or
analgesia-containing products such as procaine penicillin
*antihistaminic
*vasoactive
*bronchodilator
*masking substances (sulpha drugs, benzimadole wormers, thiamine
injections)
*dipyrone
*lazix
*trimethoprim
*liminments that contain DMSO, menthol or camphor
*E-SE injections

Hope this helps,

tracy