Re: Stirrup leathers rubbing shins

> I've never had this problem in  English, Aussie or Western saddles.  I
> haven't, however, owned an 'endurance saddle'.

I've had that problem in English and Aussie saddles. :)  It can be caused
by a wide variety of things -- foot position, stirrup style, stirrup
position, the type of boots & pants you're wearing, etc.  I would suggest
placing rubber washers on the top bar of the stirrup to snug in the
leather and keep it from sliding around (you can split one side of the
washer with a knife to slide it on, and it will still stay in place if
you fill the empty space sufficiently to snug it all in).  Also, make or
buy some fleece tubes to slide over the stirrup leathers for cushioning
-- that's what solved the problem for me.  You might try the Thorlo socks
Susan was talking about, that have cushioning along the shin.

Glenda & Lakota