Re: supplements

Hi, Sandy--

As to supplements, I go with the less-is-usually-better approach.  I only
supplement things in which I KNOW our local feeds are deficient (selenium is
the big-time problem here in the NW), and then a normal vitamin supplement.  I
only use or recommend GAG's for horses under particular stress or with
problems (lots and lots of miles, really severe competition, old campaigners,
etc.)  Regular food has done well by horses for lots of years, and good feed
is still the best game in town....

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)