Re: RC: Slow riders

teddy@runningbear.com writes:

<< YES!!!! So all those "completors" and "wanna-be's" may just be the Valerie
 Kanavy's of tomorrow.  How about "who is Connie Walker" from New
 hampshire....somebody nobody ever heard of wins the Pan am..... I can
 guarantee you - you don't have to be "somebody" to someday BE
 "somebody"......

 Teddy >>

Talk is cheap. Success doesn't fall out of the sky. There has been a
truckload of criticism of Valerie in this list, as well as criticism of other
top riders. If anyone cares at all to discover what it is that took these
people to the front of the pack, you will certainly find that it wasn't
emoting at a Hollywood level.  That's fluff and nonsense, and this list is
full of that kind of stuff. Now, Teddy, do you know what Valerie does to
build top endurance horses? And why don't you know? And do you know what
Connie Walker did to build her winner? Why not? If I ever have the
opportunity to talk at length with either of them, you can bet I'll come away
with as much new knowledge as I can assimilate. Will you?

ti