Re: RC: riding partner problems....

Juli;
You don't have to apolgize for not want wanting to run
'balls to the wall'....I don't do either.  The thing that I
have found that works is tell the people you are riding with
up front what you want to do.  Prime example, a
non-endurance friend wants to ride with me tomorrow.  I have
flat out told her that I will be trotting hard the entire
time.  It is now her decision if she wants to ride with me
or not.  Her goals on this ride don't matter...mine do.
Does that sound selfish??  Nope, because if she calls me and
says she wants to do a trail ride, I make the decision
whether or not I want to go.  While what your roommates did
was wrong, we all make our decisions.  Personally, when in a
group I question them all to make sure they want to
gallop/run and if they are ready to go.  The minute someone
says no, we don't do it.  That isn't arrogance, that is just
being considerate to those who are riding with you.  I
expect the same consideration out of those whom I'm riding
with.
Di