Re: RC: Our Sport

What attracted me to endurance was the idea of more than first place
being successful, recognized and appreciated as an accomplishment.  My
personal goals are not to be first, or even top ten most of the time. (I
don't mind when it does happen accidentally.)  Yet I still have a
feeling of success, and no one criticizes me because I don't have a
burning desire to win (be first).  Other riders are just as happy for me
when I finish near the end of the pack as for those who finished near
the front.  So, I guess I'm trying to say, Howard, maybe you just need
to set your own personal goals.  I do sympathize about your close call.
I have been lucky so far, and that's what I consider it, it's certainly
not because I know what I'm doing.  The line between a horse being okay
and crashing seems to be very fine; sometimes we cross it due to our own
mistake, sometimes it seems to just happen.

Looking forward to applauding your success!

Carol in FL
Succeeding in spite of myself