Fw: Fw: Children's World's Most Preferred Endurance Ride

We just returned from our trip to the U.A.E. where Bergen had a
wonderful opportunity to experience international competition as a
junior rider in the Emirates. We, as a family were impressed by the
hospitality, cleanliness, and modern architecture we found. We were also
pleased to see how strictly the rules at the Childrens' ride were
upheld. Criteria included a pulse of 60 with presentation within 20
minutes at every vet check. The terrain was the same covered for all the
U.A.E. rides, ie. The World Championship, The Invitationals,The Adults' Most
Preferred Ride etc. It was hot and at times the sand was very deep. The
humidity can also be high. The Children did well. Contrary to the Ride Camp
posted results obtained from the Khaleej Times, Bergen finished in 6th.
place on a leased horse behind Alexandra Luck who finished 5th. Alexandra's
horse received 1st. B.C. and Bergen's horse received 2nd. B.C. at the B.C.
judging. For his efforts Bergen received a beautiful 6th. Place crystal
trophy of which he is quite proud. As some of you noticed, Bergen's after
ride comments were translated with the resulting quotes being a bit windy.
Bergen had said, "When I found out that the ride was still being held, I
really wanted to ride in it." The Ride being the Children's World's Most
Preferred Endurance Ride that acquired AHSA and USET go ahead at the time of
the AERC convention. He also added "It is my first visit to the Middle East
and U.A.E." When asked how he perceived the U.A.E. in regards to endurance
riding and it being a leading horse riding country, he answered "The U.A.E.
is an important (leading) country in horse riding because of the World
Championship being held here and the other international rides held here".
When asked about his experience in the U.A.E. he answered "I like it, and
I'm having a good time. Everything has been nice". Ber had been very excited
about celebrating his 12th. birthday there. For a child his age this was
especially exciting.
And, Yes, in adult language-" the trip proved to be perfect and up to the
satisfaction of our whole family".
The Smeding Family