Re: RC: how far can he go?

I had another gelding before this and did one LD and 4 50's. He did good but
was always just a little off, sometimes the vets didn't notice but I did.
Jeannie Waldron diagnosed a gait problem so he's retired. He never had any
other problems on rides.4 of his rides were on the OD trails. I had
circumstances at that time that meant he got lunged 2 or 3 times a week and
ridden 20 - 35 miles on Sunday, not a good situation. The current horse is
doing all his work except Sundays on a track behind a jogger , and the
mileage is spread out. We built up the miles every week gradually. I would
not think of any IT at this time and plan on sticking to our LSD training
pace on rides.I do think however that I will go with my original plan of No
Frills 25 and OD 50 and then go from there. I thought if   the horse showed
no signs of stress (slight stocking up, no bloom, bad attitude , gait not
springy etc) and the LSD mileage was brought on gradually that 50 miles in
one week was not excessive, what is the general opinion on that?
                                                    Shelly in DE