Re: RC: Saddle question

Hi Susan,
    Seems like your problem is that the rider part of the saddle doesn't fit
you, or maybe you are riding in the wrong clothing.  The quickest fix is to
start riding in tights if you aren't already.  For starters, exercise tights
from Target, Mervyns, Wal-Mart, etc. work very well.  Was last weekend's ride
significantly different from previous rides - longer, harder, more hills, etc.?
If so, you might have found the comfort limit of that saddle.  The problem you
are describing is usually caused because the seat is too short for the rider, or
that there isn't enough room to allow the movement that active trail riding
involves.  If the seat is already too small for you, a pad makes it a bit
smaller but can also offer a lot of relief.  Next to last but not least: make
sure you are riding/posting correctly so you are not moving far enough forward
to hit the rise of the seat.  Lastly, look for another saddle but try lots till
you find a seat configuration that works for you.
Happy trails, Laney