Re: RC: bone size vs bone density/also pictures

At 07:07 AM 03/30/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>jill matyac hughescreek@yahoo.com
>i also want to show him how endurance horses are not
>exactly the same as show arabs. if anyone has good shots
>of their, or someone elses', horse please email me privately.
>i want to show him there is an arab type that he has not
>seen yet.

What kind of shots do you need?  I've got a webpage (with Lucy) that has
pics of horses from endurance rides in the Western US - Oregon, Nevada,
California, Utah.  Most of the horses in the pics are Arabians, though
there are some mules here and there, appy's and other assortments of
critters.

http://members.xoom.com/ridephotos/

It's not very up to date for this year....I still have to add a link for
the convention photos, and a link for the Neversweats 55 I did on March
18th.  That'll have to wait now, till after Gambler's Special (this
weekend).  My camera up and died on me, so I had to send it back to
Polaroid to get repaired.  Will be able to take pics this weekend.  Dr.
Fleming just added a scale and I'll be able to weigh the horses.  I know
that one horse weighs about 970 pounds and the other had got to be over
1000#, and neither have 8" cannons. They have between them nearly 6000
miles.  This is Weaver's 6th season (7 if you count LD), and Rocky's 2
years behind.  Both are Arabs.

>an added thought, would anyone consider doing an ultrasound
>to check the "x-factor", discussed earlier, when considering
>a horse for sale or stallion for breeding. just curious.

Sure, ultrasound and x-rays.  Can't hurt (just your pocketbook) :^)