Re: RC: questions with foals....

In a message dated 3/29/00 7:06:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< 1)  We used to start young horses in harness & then have them pull
 things.  First small logs, then tires, then a kind of sledge thing we
 made.  (The latter two pile up a lot of dirt in front of them and get
 heavier the farther the horse goes).  Pulling seems to be really great for
 backs, plus you can have them pull when they're young (if they don't pull
 too much weight), it teaches them reining & gives them an "anchor" if they
 get too feisty!  Also gets them used to things flopping around their legs &
 body.

Smart.

ti