Re: RC: questions with foals....

Sylvia,

I think there are lines of Arabians that do grow a lot after most
people think they're fully grown.

My mare grew a full hand between 3 and 6, for instance.  I'm not sure
whether her brother by the same sire will do the same since he's just
under 15hh at 3, but all the other babies I've seen by this sire have
*looked* like babies until hitting 3--then they've shot up.

A few years back, a friend from the east coast sent me her wooden
measuring stick with level on indefinite loan, which has been
borrowed and used on lots of friends' horses.  I dubbed it "the
official tall tale eliminator stick", and the name has stuck.

Lynne
and Rem-member Me, 15.2 1/2", sticked level on concrete <g>