Re: RC: Re: Rider/horse training..was--I made a decision

In a message dated 3/28/00 5:08:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mmieske@netonecom.net writes:

<< I am sure that Sue is well meaning here with so many of her comments and
 they are probably true about many endurance riders....but that is why I
 ride endurance.  I am not interested in being critiqued every time I get in
 the saddle.  I learn what I can and glean a lot from other riders, dressage
 instructors, trainers, etc. but (and if this is an excuse, so be it) when I
 have time for lessons, there isn't the money and when the money flow is
 good, there's no time. >>

It's no shame to be less than perfect. The sad part is when folks figure "it
doesn't matter" and try to push to the limit while punishing their horses
with poor riding.  I have much more sympathy for the extreme novice striving
to improve than for the mediocre rider who figures it doesn't make any
difference...

I agree that it's nice not to be critiqued, but I also figure my
imperfections are between me and my horse, and that I will cut my horse some
slack for lesser performance in the face of my own inadequacies.

Heidi