Alfalfa

>I had been under the impression that alfalfa was not a good idea for a
horse that has tied up, and was restricting Natty mostly to grass hay.  Did
I miss the boat on this????

I didn't see that article yet, but no, I don't think that you missed the
boat.  I have a horse that recently tied up.  It appears that he is not
tolerant of alfalfa and that was a major factor in the problem.  He's on
straight grass now and seems to be doing fine (was already on E and selenium.)