Re: RC: Re: No Subject

In a message dated 3/27/00 11:56:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
superpat@gateway.net writes:

<< I have read in a few magazines over the years that the reason the trailers
 are designed with the horses facing the center of the road has to do with
 the way the road is banked and the balance of the horses being directly
 related to this factor. I believe the latest article that mentioned this was
 in Practical Horseman. Anyone out there remember reading this? >>

I don't remember reading it recently, but that is the reason I've heard all
my life.  I've also noticed that most of the young horses that I've hauled
loose will choose backward-facing and slanted with faces toward the center
most of the time, for what it's worth.

Heidi