Re: Backing out of slant's

">
Suzanne, what works for me is to never allow the horse to back out.  In the
slants and stock trailers, there is pleanty of room for the horse to turn
around.  Mine are trained to wait quietly while I untie or unsnap them,
then "

Sorry but you are wrong in this statement , there is not room to turn a
horse around in a two horse slant with the rear tack .No way in the last
slot and only if it were a pony in the front slot because of the divider .
The first time I took my new two horse slant to a ride I went in opened the
divider ,unsnaped him and turned around to have him follow me out .Whoop's!
Crash , Bang , new paint scratched up , white paint all over my black horse
. Good lesson learned ! I had been used to hauling in a stock trailer and
so had my horse . It took me a summer to teach him how to back out
comfortably , he had never had to before from a trailer .
                      Drin Becker
                      Mtn. Region