Re: RC: Re: Re: Re: Fwd: RC: I made a decision w. all your help -THANK YOU

Heidi,
I am glad that you are willing to risk the ire of many people by stating
what really is obvious to anyone who will be willing to offer an honest
assessment of what they observe at rides. I am relatively new to this
sport...to horses and riding for that matter but it is of utmost importance
to me to learn to enjoy my horses and to keep them safe (as safe as I can
manage without their contribution). The more I seek to learn, the more fun I
have with my horses. It's that old truth about the joy being the journey. I
will say unequivocally that I have so much to learn. I definitely do not
think I have even touched the tip of the iceberg that is horses. But in all
honesty, I am saddened that so many people do not even appear to *want* to
learn or to improve their training and riding skills. Some really do seem to
think that if they can manage to hoist themselves into the saddle and remain
upright most of the day until they cross the finish line, they have
accomplished much. No matter that they bounce around on the poor horse like
a sack of potatoes. (poor horse). It is a testament to the strength and
patience of the horse that they manage to remain healthy and sound, for the
most part, and some of these riders even manage to come up with a "best
condition" award now and then. Amazing! Imagine what these horses could
accomplish if only their owners would learn to ride.
But then, there are all of the wonderful horse people to whom I look for
guidance, suggestions, and inspiration. And I think that they are the ones
who contribute to making this sport the great one that it is. I watch for
them at rides and try to immulate them. And surprisingly, they are the ones
in general, who are so willing and generous in their support and
encouragement. Just want to thank you again for your candor.
Pat