Re: RC: I made a decision w. all your help - THANKYOU

In a message dated 3/27/00 8:30:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
michrowe@frontier.net writes:

<< Yeah, that sounds good in theory, but I do have the optional rear tack and
 use it so there is no huge door that I could theoretically beat the horse
 out of. >>

Exactly why I don't like those rear tack compartments!  <g>

<< If the horse is not tied in and decides to leave while I'm trying
to close the partitions, I either get wedged behind the partition or get a
severe case of contention over a critical section of trailer space while we
both try to get out of the door at the same time.  I don't see why a tied
horse that has experience being tied is more of a potential wreck than
trying to close the partition on a horse that is loose and hence free to
push back and run over you to exit the trailer.  At least I can exit with
haste and not have the horse on top of me.>>

The risk is not generally with the well-broke horse in either instance
(although no horse is 100% foolproof).  But when the green horse is tied up
and decides to set back, that's when I like him to be in a nice solid box
with me not in it....  And it's the green horses that make me not want the
rear tack compartment...

Of course, when you know your own horse and what his particular quirks are
apt to be, then you dispense with generalities anyway...

Heidi