No Subject

Bob and I have a three horses slant load trailer-Featherlite.  When we
ordered it, I requested that they reverse the floor plan...i.e. head toward
the right or curb side of the trailer, rear toward the road.  I just didn't
see why it was necessary for my horses to face the road with all the
big-rig's,  diesel fumes, etc. passing  inches from their noses  And of
course at night, into the headlights.  So our horses face the scenery on the
right side of the road.  If we have to stop and check on them, we do it from
the curb side and do not have to go out on to the traffic side of the
trailer.  The dealer told me nobody had ever suggested that before and he
assumed they slanted to the left because when leading a horse you usually are
on the near side.  But it is simple to teach your horse to lead from either
side and it has never been any problem loading them leading from the right
side.   Of course, we had to pay extra even though  I told them all they had
to do was take the blueprints and reverse them.   I like the slant loads and
with this reverse plan, our horses never face oncoming traffic.    Julie Suhr