Re: Slant load trailers

Heidi wrote " One of my BIG list items for
"when I buy a new trailer" is one that DOES NOT have that tack contraption
in
the rear!!!  Give me the big door ANY day"

Your right on that Heidi ! My trailer has a rear tack which I love because
it is so handy at home and at ride's. But It does create a bottleneck at
the door , and could very well put you in a dangerous situation with a
young inexperienced horse . Otherwise I belive that my horses haul much
better in the slant compared to a straight load . We haul big trailer loads
of loose horse's to trail heads for pack trips during the summer months and
we've never seen a horse stand as if being hauled in a straight load if
they have a choice .
                           Drin Becker
                           Mtn, Region