Re: RC: alfalfa diet for horses that "tie-up"

This mare (a morgan) has tied up twice, once two years ago, again this last
January, both times in winter (first in Feb), first time selenium level was
.120 ppm, started SeE supplement, second time selenium level was .212 ppm,
both times tie-up occurred early in exercise, first time came after about
nine days without riding (el nino winter), second time no significant time
off, daily feed consists of two to three flakes of grass hay, 1/2 to one
flake of alfalfa, less than a pound of plain oats w/ a scoop of Vita-Flex
Accel and the SeE supplement.

Is there anything in this would suggest "why" she is tying up and how that
would affect what kind of diet she should get?  If not, is there other
information that would help answer this question?

Suzanne