hauling horses (was loading into a slant)

Pat -

Great advice and I hope more than a few people
read  your post all the way through! The best
 advice is the part about loading them up when you

 aren't going anywhere.....I started my mare when
she was just a weanling - I'd put her in the
trailer (3 horse stock) and leave her there with
hay while I did yard work. She got to go for
short  trips to the gas station, then home again.
She  learned to stand tied next to it while I
worked my
other horse. And now that she's three she's
learning how to load and haul in a very crowded
stock trailer with 6 horses....so far so good! I
just need to round up an old straight load to
teach her (in case we ever have to be hauled out
of a vet check at a ride and that's all there
is......)

 Susan