Re: Re: simipathy or butt kick

----- Original Message ----- > << Howard

>  How many horses do you have to kill from over riding to learn that you
>  are doing something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>  Some people have no business having horses, let alone try to do
>  endurance riding.  You sound like one of them.
>
>  You write this story to ridecamp like your trying for a prize if you can
>  tell your story well.
>
>>  WHAT A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR YOUR DAUGHTER!!!!  HOPE SHE DOESN'T GROW UP LIKE
>  YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> *her name*   (and very disgusted that someone would do this)

Howard,
   I read your story. I agree with you and some of the ridecampers that you
made mistakes.  We all do. Sometimes we don't learn enough from the earlier
ones. Often, we don't learn enough from the mistakes of others. I don't
think you should sell your horses or any of the other awful things that
b---- said. You put yourself out on a limb by telling your story. I would
like to believe that you told it to keep the rest of us from making the same
mistake you did. I know I have overidden horses (yes, more than once), but
thank God nothing ever came of it. And usually my first mistake was making
sure my junior rider was having a good ride instead of taking care of my
horse.

Keep riding Howard. and don't give up on the Saddlebred idea. My old man is
a Morgan. We do just fine.

To other Ridecampers:

DROP IT!!!  WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. SOMETIMES MORE THAN ONCE. GET OVER IT.
EVEN THE PROS GET IN TROUBLE ONCE IN A WHILE. IF YOU ARE PERFECT, I'D LOVE
TO HEAR FROM YOU, PUBLIC OR PRIVATE.

Maggie Fleming
Under a Shooting Star Farm
Bubba-doin' just FINE, thank you.
Secret-yes, I'm a Saddlebred-wanna make something of it?

P.S. Howard, I love your writing style. Ever think of doing it
professionally?