zes saddles

Okay Ridecampers...this isn't exactly a question...but thats okay, right?
I rode in a zes saddle today.  It is the design that has western style
fenders.  It is a friend's saddle....not mine.  I really like it and I think
it is a good saddle for when you are on the flat or going up hill...you just
glide along with the horse.  But on the down hills, I feel like it puts me in
a very odd position.
Has anyone else had this experience???
-Renee