Tether systems(ie. Skyhooks)

When I saw the ads for the tether systems, my first thought was "Duh, why
didn't I think of that?"  I am looking for feedback from people who have
tried them - I have seen two brands advertised, with about $100 difference in
price.  Is the more expensive one of better quality or design?  I have not
seen either in person.  Your opinions would be appreciated.

Teri in Colorado