Rider/Horse/Ride history now available online

Russ Humphrey and I have put together a web-based application using
data from the AERC office.  The data is that of the ride seasons
1996 through 2000.  Note that while the data comes from the AERC office,
the only official source of information for AERC rides is the AERC
Endurance News.

The web application provides the following features:

1.  A better display of the ride results.  You can now select rides
by year, month, state, or region.  When the ride selected is displayed -
you can now link by rider or horse directly to the riders/horses
history starting from 1996.

2.  Rider history is now available.  Based on the riders name -
you can now get the history - rides, overall/div points per ride,
placings/BC in a ride, cumulative miles/points at each ride in
a selected year, and non-completion information.  We do not
do this by aerc number yet.  You do the search by name
containing or starting with a string of letters. The miles are listed
separately
for LD and 50 or more mile rides.  Season miles/points are given at
the each ride of the season.

3.  Horse history is now available.  Based on the horses name -
you can now get the history - rides, overall/div points per ride,
placings/BC in a ride, cumulative miles/points at each ride in
a selected year, and non-completion information.  We do not
do this by aerc number yet.  You do the search by name
containing a string of letters. The miles are listed separately
for LD and 50 or more mile rides.  Season miles/points are given at
the each ride of the season.

From either the rider or horse history - you can link back to the
rides they were in - or to the other part of the rider/horse
combination.

It is a flexible database(db) and application.  We intend to add more to
it in the future.  At the moment - we cannot show you the ride
results or history by weight division.  You can only infer the
information by the divisional points awarded in a ride.

Now the things we cannot do and why.

You may find a horse/rider listed twice as the result of a search.
Often
this happens because the horse/rider may first enter w/o an aerc number
-
later get one - and then is considered a separate entry in the db.
You will then see one set of rides for the first and a different
set for the second.  There is no way for us to connect these two
histories together.  Or the AERC number entered on a ride might
not be correct - or reported incorrectly to the AERC.  This can
generate a "new" horse/rider for that ride - and the db.  If the info
is not corrected with the AERC office - it remains in the db that
way.  And not counted in your lifetime miles.

Another reason for additional horse(or rider) entries can be
misspelling.

A rider might be listed as Alan one time and Allan the next. Or
even ABC's and ABCs for a horse name.  These will show up separately in
the db.  You will have to decide which is the one the AERC has for
your official record.  Later when we can search on AERC member/horse
numbers - this can show the data of record.

You may also see entries like Horn, Allan and Allan Horn in the
listing.  It
all depends on how the name was entered into the db at the office.
Look carefully through the complete list of names
before selecting one.

You can correct information with the AERC for free for a period after
it is first posted in EN - and for a fee per ride after that(will have
to verify this with the office).  You may use the db to see what - if
any errors - are in your record from 1996 on.

This software was conceived while Russ and I were at the convention.
We have put a lot of work into it but we are sure that it is not
bug free.  So if you see something unusual while using it - please
send us e-mail and DO NOT call the AERC office.  We want to make
sure this generates less work for the office - not more.  If
you do look at a ride result though - all the other info on the
ride is correct but yours - that is likely an office/ride manager issue.
If you see something in a ride result - but not in the history -
then that is certainly a software "feature" for us.

The db might be used to look up your 1996-2000 record rather than
calling the office for it.  Or you could use it to look up your
current year points and totals.  You might also use it to look
up the record of a horse you are interested in buying.

The location

http://www.doublejoy.com/rides/rideresults.asp

You can link to the rider/horse history from this page.

This link will be moving to both the AERC home page as well as
EnduranceNet after some initial prove-in.

As always - Russ and I are looking for suggestions to improve the
application.  Hope you all enjoy it.

Mike
W/CT Regions
Sunnyvale/Houston