Tree hugging

At 02:21 PM 3/14/00 -0500, you wrote:
But Lif, you voted for these people making the laws.

Well, amazingly enough, I didn't.  Paul & I are pretty much of the opinion that there's no such thing as a good new law (or rarely is) and vote NO on just about everything.  As for politicians, we actually vote for the person, not the party.  Unfortunately a lot of the candidates that talk the talk don't walk the walk - and that applies to tree huggers too.

I read a SF story once I thought was great.  I don't remember title or author of course (I have a severe case of CRS*) but the premise was that a society had developed in which the President was appointed, not voted for.  The most important qualification for the office was that the person being considered would NOT want to be president.  I think almost anyone who wants to get in office has other personal agendas that are not made public and almost always are not for the public good.  I've come to believe that no politician should be trusted farther than they can be thrown.

I wonder if there's a label for people who agree with lots of what the NRA says and Greenpeace too? I mean, other than just weird.  Lif

* CRS = Can't Remember S**t

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for health, horsemanship, the internet & your life
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
Internet Research * Web Design * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options