stirrups

My husband's knees and back bother him when he rides for more than a couple of hours so we're thinking of getting him the wide 'endurance' stirrups.  We are looking at the Cloud Stirrups and the E-Z Ride Stirrups.  Can anyone out there tell us the pro's and con's of these and/or suggest other types of stirrups?  TIA

Mary-Anne