20 mule team

We just got back from a wonderful time at 20 Mule team and both Kathy
Campbell and I opted to ride in easy boots.  Due to the fact that our
very fuzzy horses needed to go back into a cold wet pasture, we really
couldn't clip them or try to keep shoes on them yet.  So we really
lucked out with the perfect weather, and the easy boots probably saved
their tender feet from all of those rocks much better than shoes would
have.  We foamed the boots on and had no problem at all with the sand
getting in.
The ride, as I said, was great!  I can't remember ever riding a trail so
well marked.  And considering we were out in the desert, the Bumgardners
did a great job of getting water out to the remote areas. I heard that
somebody had mistaken one of the troughs for a target during the the
night, so it wasn't much help, but the rest of them were greatly
appreciated.
This was my mares second ride, so we did the 60.  After a wet winter
with limited conditioning available, it was so wonderful to get to ride
where it was dry!!  And she did so well - can't wait to get out there
and do it again!

Laura and Khutrina

Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net (http://www.endurance.net)
Endurance Net does not endorse or  recommend any
organizations, companies or individuals referenced in the Ridecamp
list service.  Endurance Net expressly excludes liability for any
damage, loss or injury that  may be suffered as a result of
information or opinions expressed on Endurance Net, www.endurance.net,
or the Ridecamp forum.