Balker

Good Morning Guys,
	I am trying to get my coming four yr old, Cien, going again and having
major technical difficulties.  He hasn't been ridden in about three months
and is most opposed to the idea!  He is a very agile little critter of
about 14 hands and has turned into a 700 lb wild cat under saddle.
	I got him out of the pasture and saddled him - he was supremely
disinterested, took him out in the pasture - still calm and cool and Bret
climbed on.  Instantly his ears are laid back against his head, back humped
up, in full balk mode.  So, I told him to make him go ahead and move out.
The little toot would kick both hind feet in the air until he got Bret off
balance and then stop dead and refuse to move.  Smack his bottom and he
would advance kicking hind feet over his head.  Then stop and stiffen all
over until forced to move and so on for 15 minutes.  At that point I
decided to give up, I was afraid one of them would get hurt.  Granted, I
should have gotten on him myself but why do that when one has a macho
person around :-)?  BTW, he does get handled, longed, etc. and is quite the
gentleman.
	What's a good way to work through this without maiming oneself or one's
future (reluctantly at this point) endurance mount?  He'll be four in the
fall and I would like to do a couple of LD's on him.  He's not sore backed
to the touch, he's sound and last time I rode him he was very well behaved.
 Respond privately if this is not of interest to anyone else...
Rachael & Sunny & little Cien (I'm not gonna go and you can't make me!!)

Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net (http://www.endurance.net)
Endurance Net does not endorse or  recommend any
organizations, companies or individuals referenced in the Ridecamp
list service.  Endurance Net expressly excludes liability for any
damage, loss or injury that  may be suffered as a result of
information or opinions expressed on Endurance Net, www.endurance.net,
or the Ridecamp forum.