Re: Horse too fast!!

In a message dated 2/18/99 7:17:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< When I teach statistics I introduce the subject of inference by
 "proving" the Prevatt Theorem of The Weak Law of Small Numbers.  It
 goes: "Given a small non random sample, any damn thing can happen and
 usually does."  The proof is trivial.

 Truman >>

And then there are the experiences of your friends and neighbors. There's no
science on what will happen when I walk in front of a train and none on what
happens when I run over a dog on the highway. Still, the results are obvious.
My suggestion: keep one eye on the roadkill and one eye on the textbook.

ti