loose horses

In a message dated 2/12/99 9:35:38 PM PST, htrails@earthlink.net writes:

> Your horses slip their latches in the middle of the night

Have you ever noticed that expression they have on their face when you walk
into the barn in the early morning and find one of your horses loose in the
aisle? (I'd love to see my own...) THey have this "gee, aren't I just the
cleverest thing" look and expect you to appreciate their little escapades.

Why is it the horse who CANNOT understand what you want when you ask for a
lead change is the very same horse who will nibblenobble at a knot or a stall
door latch  until they get it loose, then manage to slide their door open and
walk out? Why is it that the horse who will NOT load, will NOT get into that
trailer, is the very same one who manages to squeeze himself into the narrow
"closet' you have the hay and grain stored in..the one without light, windows
and absolutely no room to manuever?
Why is it that the horse who eyes a blanket with deep suspicion is the very
same horse who will happily remove one from his pasture pal, stomp all over it
and run around with it? Why is it that a horse will turn his nose up at some
new food you want him to eat, and yet he'll wolf down something just as
strange in ridecamp...as long as it's not his....
I tell you, it's an animal plot. They're out to drive us insane. I think mine
have succeeded...
Michelle