Re: Boz saddle

In a message dated 2/11/99 9:08:02 AM EST, patoliva@earthlink.net writes:

<<
 I bought a Boz years ago.  It was great for about the first 6 months,
 causing no problems, comfortable to ride in and great for my horse.  But as
 the miles accumulated the medal swivels  that secure the  stirrup  leathers
 (they are what gives you  the free easy swing of your legs) wear through the
 " tree"  and cause pressure points on the withers.  The Boz management will
 do nothing to relieve this problem and two other saddle makers were unable
 to help.   The saddle had to be trashed.   In my opinion it is a design flaw
 due to a steel devise rubbing against a much soften material over a period >>

My Boz does not have the stirrup leathers hung this way.  Mine are one peice
of leather that goes thru a slot on the tree and back down to the adjustment.
The only metal on mine that I can find is the snaps and dee rings.  How long
ago did you buy yours?  Maybe it was a design flaw as you said, but they don't
do this anymore?
Leigh