Re:Boz saddles

In a message dated 2/11/99 2:14:32 AM EST, GESAHORSFX@aol.com writes:

<< I have thought about a
 Boz but am a little worried about the soft tree spreading over a period of
 time.  Would like to know more about them from folks who use them.  One of my
 clients had one and it raised some hellacious bump across the loins of 2 of
 her horses.  One was an arab and one a mft.  thanks for the input ..gesa

I have a Boz that I've been using for 4 years.  Contrary to the ads, the tree
is not soft or bendable.  It is made of hard plastic type material.  It also
doesn't fit any horse as the ads say.  OK, that's the negative.  The positive
is:  It is very comfortable to me and to the horse with an average back.  It
is the ultimate in security, the saddle doesn't budge, even with major spooks
and loose girth.  I don't budge either.  I would not want to ride a
young/green horse without it.  I really do love this saddle, but as I said, it
really doesn't fit every horse.  My current riding horse has problems with it.
I have been able to correct the fit with a saddle fitter and shims.  The shims
are very easy to use with the Boz because you can just put them under the
velcro "comfort bars" and they stay there all the time.  It fits all of my
horses but one, so it does fit well on most backs,  but, not ALL backs.  My
.02 worth.  Best money I've ever spent on a saddle.
Leigh