Re: jointsaver

>Susan, at the moment we have no horses that need Adequan, but I'm wondering
>... is it legal to compete a horse under the treatment with Adequan?  As a
>director, I SHOULD know the answer to this.  AERC rules say that a horse
must
>compete on his own merit, so I thought this meant no performance enhancing
>drugs.  I looked at the list of non-permissable substances, and while
Adequan
>is not specifically mentioned, it does prohibit anti-inflammatories, also
>assorted other drugs ... vasoactives, etc.  Perhaps the horse in the above
>post was not in competition, only a retired one?
>
>Barbara

Dunno---I was under the impression that it was okay.  At least, my vet that
suggested/agreed on it's use for Cato is an active and experienced ride vet
and assumed he wouldn't have suggested it if it wasn't allowed.  He's not
the type to push something that would give an unfair advantage, or something
that isn't-allowed-but-don't-worry-because-it-won't-test.  Anybody else
know?

Susan G