Re: Queensland Heeler/Dingo types

In a message dated 2/10/99 11:10:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
htrails@earthlink.net writes:

<< Does anyone know why they rub their ruff (neck hair) in coyote poop on the
 trail? And in manure in the yard?  It is such a bad social habit.  Totally
 disgusting when they come in the house. Otherwise, I adore him. He is five
 years old and still does it.

Border Collies do the same thing.  My guess is that they are trying to
disguise themselves with the odor of their quarry ... whether it be cows or
coyotes.  In other words, they try to smell like anything but a human-
associated dog.  This is my opinion or observation; anyone else have an idea
about this?

Barbara McCrary