AERC Trails & $$

Hello Group!
Just a message with a bit of information and background.  Please understand
that all is in total support and positive input for trails and what we all
believe in.  Together our voice will make a difference.

I have every issue of EN and have notes and records of the first meeting
that became our national organization AERC.  There were a couple of issues
that brought a room full of people together to "make" AERC..... but the
first concern was for TRAIL preservation!

Rather than consume the entire ridecamp format..... I am sending in an
article to EN to present a total view and facts.  Right now I just want to
say that trails have been the back bone of our sport.  There are many people
out there in support of trails but these same people..... like
ourselves..... are so consumed with saving our ride trails our energy is
consumed.  Please don't ask of AERC to save trails...... "ask not what
"AERC" can do for you.... but what YOU can do for AERC TRAILS"..... thank
you JFK.

AERC money is NOT squandered in awards...... any member can ask for budget
information that proves awards are truly a small part of the entire budget.
Where AERC money has been "flushed" is in poor office management!!!!!!  When
Toni Foncesca left so did the economical budget.  Not until Doyle Patrick
took charge has the office realized efficient management!!!!  Your Board of
Directors do listen and most realize the impact of trails.  Don't write
asking AERC or the Board to DO SOMETHING...... YOU are AERC.... DO
SOMETHING!  Write articles for "Trail Talk"..... send in donations to the
trail fund.... go to a meeting in your county, in your state.  WRITE
LETTERS!

Thanks to everyone who has read this and cares.  Thanks to everyone who has
written a letter and in advance..... thank everyone who goes to the AERC
convention Trail program.

You know, in past years the AERC convention has featured trails as its
"Headline"......  look at past EN or yearbooks.  OUR TRAILS .... OUR
FUTURE...... programs have been there on the convention schedule..... and
while we, Penny Scribner, Pat Oliva, Eddie Booth, Ann Parr, Connie Berto
(.... and a few others that attend when they can) came to share our news,
excitement and concerns.... most convention attendees were at the trade
show!  Don't get me wrong...... there are alot of people that come to the
meetings when they are able to afford the convention trip...... but the hard
core above have always been there.

CD established the Trail Committee 20 years ago.  In 1993 he proposed and
the Board took action to budget permanent membership to our Washington DC
lobby the American Horse Council.  As Trail Committee chair of 10 years a
AERC Trails Preservation Fund was established and your AERC Board supports
and listens to all trail concerns.

AERC is US... Is YOU.... call to action!