Prestige's Trekker Saddle

Hi Paula,

I bought the Trekker RR model at the convention last year and have "lived"
on it for the last 12 months.  I did a report for Ridecamp and conversed
with a couple of other people early on and those comments should be in archives.

At first I felt like I was pitched a bit forward in the saddle but now I
realize that both the Sports Saddle and my english cross country saddle were
more forward in the seat than I had realized.  Now I'm so used to the
Trekker that anything else except a dressage saddle seems unbalanced.  It
really does place you in a very balanced position and it keeps you there.

It is the most comfortable seat I have ever ridden.  Everyone who tries it
says the same thing. The seat is suspended on webbing and you are not on the
horse's back.  I ride the RR Model which is the western version with the
McClellan rigging and thin western fenders.  I bought it because my mare has
huge withers and it works well for her. It has also fit my TB, the Trakehner
and the quater horse.  It's frame will adjust.  Nothing has ever been sored
by the saddle.

Now, let me tell you that the first thing you will throw out is the the
girth system.  I took considerable ribbing from my cowboys about buying a
western McClellan rigging from an Italian company.  It didn't work and got
replaced within the first week.  Also throw out the stirrups--but then who
doesn't change stirrups anyway.

I have never ridden the english version which Maggie Price uses and
endorses.  I was recently in California and Lari Shea had just tried one of
the english type. She felt that the heavily lined english panels (which
really were quite rigid) caused a significant loss of contact with the
horse. Mine don't do that.

Would I buy my saddle again--in a heartbeat!  I also bought the complete
pack system for it (definitely not an endurance outfit) as I can carry "the
kitchen sink" around the ranch with it.  Leave off the hatchet which looks
like it belongs to a henchman for the Spanish Inquisition and the Machetti
(?) (where do these manufactures get these weapons--you might be able to use
it in the Everglades) and you have a supported pack system that will
comfortably carry everything you could need for several days.

The manufacture's Rep from the east coast asked if I would take a couple of
the saddles to the Convention for her (she is recently widowed and cannot
come this year). I tried to find a vendor who could rent her some space and
I would set up the display and brochures for her.  I don't sell these
saddles and don't get anything from them but I do enjoy riding mine.

Joane and the Herd
Price, Utah