forage mix

  Ann Blankenship asked if anyone has used forage mix. A combination of
wheat oats and barley.
    I used to use it, I can't get it anymore but our horses did fine on it.
The only problem is you have to watch out for fox tails. I guess sometimes
they bale it to late and it turns into fox tails. One of our horses ended up
with a big sore under her lip. We only found out about it when we were at a
ride, the vet went to check her gums and found a big wad of fox tails
sticking into her gums! Not to be deterred, he pulled out his "tool" and
used the pliers to pull out as many fox tails as he could.
    After that we checked their gums every day. So just be sure to check
your hay before you feed.
    But it really is good hay!
           Lori