Re: euthanasia

Maggie:

Congratulations, you made a very brave and wise choice.  I'm sure you don't
second guess it at all.  You mercifully put your horse out of his suffering
and pain even though it caused you suffering and pain.

I've had friends faced with the same dilemma after trailer accidents and
having grown up on a farm, sometimes that is the only thing to do.  You can't
always wait for the vet to get there or sometimes the cost is out of our
means.  Just because a certain procedure, no matter what it is, is our of your
means should not mean you shouldn't own a horse.

Even the most prepared people find themselves in a situation where the cost of
a specific treatment is beyond their means.  It is no different from the human
person who finds themselves sick and either don't have health insurance or the
insurance doesn't cover the particular treatment.  Based on finances, you
either reject or accept the treatment.  It is no different for our equine
friends.

Diane