tying up

from Mary Forrester.  I have a QH/Arab gelding who,  in his 3rd endurance season after doing about 600 miles with no problem, tied up at a ride. He had three weeks off, blood tests and then was eased back into work. I think he did 5 50's and tied up again.  I think it's mechanical rather than feed or genetics. He is fed grass hay, and very little grain, plus a supplement containing selenium. His selenium was in the normal range. The episodes had similarities in the way he was managed before the ride started. I tie to the trailer, so movement is limited. Both times I had not done a good slow warm up, and both times he was excited and I let him canter in the first 1/2 mile.  When I take longer to warm up, or just walk and slow trot the first mile or 2 he has no problem. Hopefully, if my guess is right and I am careful and slow, episode #3 will not happen. And no, he is not related to Impressive, the QH that was mentioned.