Free Viruses Notifications

Hi Folks: On the McAfee web site is a option to automatically notify us when new virus pose a problem. One must subscribe(FREE) to be notified automatically and the updates are usually quite small for these notices. I believe other virus programs such as Norton also have this service, check the web site carefully to find these options.  And all shall have a Happier New Year. steven
----- Original Message -----
From: Sweaney
To: ridecamp
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 1999 10:12 AM
Subject: RC: Viruses

I know that this isn't equine related in the least, but since we are all computer users, I think it is important.

The recent discussion about viruses encouraged me to do a little bit of research online.  Even though I have the McAfee virus "scanner" I knew that it couldn't possibly be aware of all of the new bugs out there.  I went to McAfee's web page and was able to update the data that my version of McAfee knows.  It took about an hour, but it now has info about the most up to date viruses.  McAfee reccomends that I check the site weekly for updates on the newest viruses.  Now that I have downloaded the updated info, I think that it will update very quickly each time that I need to.

Have a Happy New Year and a nice weekend filled with pleasant weather and good trails!
Karen
Sweaney@lightspeed.net