Re-K+ overdose-electrolytes

saw the comment from linda--
i was trying new stuff on me back on the od100 one year-
i had this great idea to take extra K potassium.. to help the ticker
manage the climbs - i ran more back in those days

well somewhere about the  65 miles vc.. i started to get flushed and had
strange hr rhythums.. i sat down while carol vetted my horse through -
her job.. i was to take of myself-- i was taking about 99 mg of K every
hour or so in the form of potassium gluconate.. i just sat down started
to get a bit catatonic - rocking back and forth  and had a real craving
for plain water and SALT  plain salt- i ate all the salty stuff I could
find and drank much water.. i felt like i was going to die.. and i
assume from what lindia said i was -- but i came out of it
 never did that one again.  a real test of electrolyte in-balance or out
of balance
oh well --too bad --- i survived

now i understand how bad a horse feels when he is not given electrolytes
enough with a properly balanced formula...

a horse low in K+ has Hr problems - like all up and down -irregular and
will get muscle spasms.. seen this - but not with mine

now for me--
i use a low sugar carb no fructose product from GNC - cannot remember
the name and also the stuff truman uses - think that one is called
'emergency'
i also use ERG  - i get that from aust connection.
 i never use Gatorade- really messes me up - but carol does well with
it.. well at last ride she did not fair to well.. so she will try my mix

here is my mix for a 50 miler - a new issue

in a 70 oz camelback
3 scoops erg powder
3 scoops carbo fuel gnc not the horse stuff -but i have used it
1 -  1/4 tsp msm- yep
2 oz dmg
fill with water

at the vc1 i refill with premixed  erg and carbo fuel
at vc2 - same if I need a refill  AND IF I have been running much
  add the dose of MSM and DMG - even up to 3 oz DMG

at the end I finish off what ever is in the camelback

IF i have sore muscles I take a 1/4 tsp MSM.

Don't want to read the achives on what this does--
why did you have to go and ask that..

ERG electrolytes
Carbo no comment
MSM anti-iflamitory free radical scavenger
DMG improve lactate processing - adds O2 to lactate in the muscle to
give back glycogen without going back to the liver.. also help with O2
take-up.. like bcaa sort of--
all unfounded..but then it works for me

I feel great after a race.

will try a human form of bcaa - pro-burst this year.. hey i run and claw
up hills have to keep me going so I can ride well..
reminds me I better get back to doing the road miles or MILE

but then who needs to get off and run in SE flat rides.

rr