Pro Burst and CarboCharge

Mike Everett mareverett@abts.net
I have an eight year old half arab half trakehner which I started in endurance last April. We did a 25 in April and a fifty in May and supplemented with electrolites only and he did pretty good. Went real slow on those two rides so he recovered very well afterwards. Then at the end of May we did another fifty at Liberty Run and picked up the pace and used Pro Burst before the ride and during all vet stops. His appetite was great and he drank well and seemed to have more energy than at the previous slower rides. Next ride August 28th the GERA Classic 50.
Same deal with electrolites and Pro-Burst. Horse felt good all day and we finished 11th out of 34 in a ride time of 6:16 which was 49 minutes behind the winner. Horse felt great all day and recovered well. Next day looked like he had not even been ridden.Used up all my Pro-Burst after that ride and went to do the 3 day 150 at Big South Fork in early Sept. Took it easy all day. Did not use Pro-Burst and horse seemed to be sluggish and dull post ride. Was approved to continue next morning but horse seemed a little tight in rear so I decided to rest him that day and ride the next. Horse seemed to be more tight in rear next day so I did not start again. Both days to continue or not to continue was rider option. Horse seemed dull and stiff for about a week. Sept 25th went to Biltmore and was pulled at 25 miles for left front limp, but wife finished 8th. Next up Thanksgiving 50 at J.Ds. Still no Pro-Burst but electrolites pre-ride and a couple flakes of alphalfa night before along with beet pulp and equine adult. First vet check was at 25 miles and it took 3 hours to get there. Walked right in and pulsed down at 62. Took about 10 minutes to get to vet and his CRI was 48 48. Trotted out a little tired. Gut,cap refill, hydration all A. Went to crew and horse would not eat or drink for the whole one hour hold. Usually eats like a horse. Decided to get a recheck myself and vet checked heart rate to be 60. Horse was dull and not himself so again I decided to pull him. Did the Pro-Burst help him in the earlier rides? Could the CarboCharge help? What exactly does the Pro-Burst do and how would it be to combine it with the CarboCharge?    Mike Everett

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-