olympics

beekle slatters@bigfoot.com
Could someone please e-mail me if you know the answer to this?

 How does one qualify for the U.S. Olympic endurance riding team? Is qualification for the olympic team at all related to qualification for big rides like the United Arab Emirates ride? And how exactly do riders qualify for that ride? All descriptions I've read (in Ride Magazine and elsewhere)about the heirarchy of the "big rides" and representative teams seem half-complete and cryptic, filled with unexplained acronyms**** and referring to selection criteria and processes that sound vague and not altogether "unpolitical." Is there a good article mapping it all out somewhere?

Thank you so much! Ride safe!

****Acronyms like CEI and FEI should be written out and breifly explained at least once in the beginning of any article. I've been endurance riding for three years and am CONSTANTLY stumped by unexplained acronyms in 'Ride!'magazine.  For a sport thats trying to recruit newcomers all the time, making articles understandable should be key, don't you guys agree?

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-